Thursday, March 14, 2013

cloudcrowd

For the past several weeks, I've been working for a company called CloudCrowd. In the words of Wikipedia, it's "an online work platform that provides writing, editing, and other work."



I really enjoy it, because--like the ad says--I can work when and where I want to, and I can do however much (or little) work I feel like doing. Plus, I can make a decent amount of money doing it!

For the record, I am not being paid or required to write this post. I'm just sharing something cool that I've found! It's true that if you sign up as my referral, I get a small percentage of everything you make, but that's not my motivation here. I just know that lots of stay-at-home moms looking for legitimate online work have a hard time finding it. And CloudCrowd is legit!

The basic idea is that CloudCrowd has hundreds of tasks available at any time--right now, I think it's mainly writing, editing, and researching tasks. When you log in to the app (through Facebook), you choose what you'd like to work on. Tasks pay anywhere from a few cents to  upwards of $14 each. After you complete the task and it's deemed acceptable, the payment amount is credited to your CloudCrowd total. And at the end of every business day, that balance is paid out to your PayPal account!

I do have a few notes of caution:

  • If you work for CloudCrowd, you do so as an independent contractor. That means that they don't take any income taxes from your pay, so you'll be responsible for paying those taxes when you file next year.
  • The tests you take and the tasks you complete will always be reviewed by multiple other people, and everyone is required to be strict. Don't think you can get away with being lazy!
  • You have to have a PayPal account in order to get paid, but PayPal is easy to set up and quite secure, so that's not a huge deal.
If you want to check it out, you can join up as my referral. And don't hesitate to ask me any questions you have. I'll do my best to answer them!

No comments: