Thursday, September 6, 2012

the next three years

My, how our life has changed in the past few months! We moved to Oregon from Utah--our first big move as a family. After years of anticipation and preparation, Andrew has finally started law school at Willamette University. And most importantly, we welcomed our sweet little Emerson into the world!

Apparently I am now what's known as a law school widow: since Andrew will be gone studying so much, it will be as if he died. It's a pleasant idea, I know. But instead of wallowing in self-pity and being angry at homework, law school, or the world in general, I have decided to focus on becoming a better wife and mom. That might seem like an obvious thing to do (I mean, what else do you have going on, Camille?), but as I have found recently, it's all in how you look at it. For example, nothing I can do will change the fact that I am currently sacrificing a lot of sleep to take care of my two-month-old baby. The only thing I do have control over is my attitude about the situation. I can be bitter, resentful, and grumpy about it (which I did for a while), or I can try my very best to enjoy what life brings me. Just so we're clear, I am nowhere near perfect at actually putting this idea into practice, but hey. Life is a work in progress.

With that, here is to the beginning of a new and very different chapter in our life. Here's to the next three years. May they be filled with long nights of studying, first steps and first words, lots of couponing, and many precious moments with our family.

And just for fun, here are some pictures of Emerson. Because we all know that's why people have blogs.

Look at those lips!

Waking up from a nap.


No comments: